Sunday, January 6, 2008

Dreamz unlimited

Knock Knock.
"Hello Aunty, is Rakesh there?" I asked as Mrs. Dixit opened the door.
"Yes beta, he is there. But, he is still sleeping." Aunty replied giving that beautiful smile.

To be honest, till date I have not seen a smile more lovely than the one right in front of me.
Anyone would go "fida" over it. I had told Rakesh once. "If your mom was our age, I would have
proposed to her."

"Why dont you come in and try waking him up." She smiled again!!!

"Yes sure." Anything for the smile. I thought.

I went up to his room and opened the door slowly. There he was. The lazy b*%$&#.
King of his bed, sleeping so peacefully. Snoring? Yes, but in a beautiful manner!! I got a bit jealous. How can anyone sleep so nicely. For a moment even I felt like going Rakesh's way into that deep
slumber, that hibernation, with an attitude which shouted at the top of its voice "to hell with the
world". But I came back into my senses before his snores could hypnotise me further. I looked around and saw a jug of water.

Without further delay, SPLASH!!!.

"whaaaaaa...whooooooo...", Rakesh woke up startled.

"HEHE...HAHA", I gave him the devilish smile. I had completed aunty's mission. The prized smile would be mine again. "HEHE...HAHA".

"Arjun!!!, You @#$%^&*...$#%^&*..#$%^&*" Rakesh went on and on and on". He had this habit of speaking non stop. Give him any topic and he would go on speaking crap about it for hours together.!!Even if no one listened. I normally dont.

Then he stopped suddenly, looking lost. Silence prevailed. For a moment, I thought he was going to fall asleep again. Normally there is a calm before a storm. But in this case. It was a storm before the calm. In fact Calm-Storm-Calm. huh...Whatever.

"Hey!! Sorry buddy" I said. "Get up. We need to go and check out the new mall right! New brands, new clothes, new shoes, new chicks!! Cmon now get up, you sleepy head".

He was quiet. Had he slept, with his eyes open!!. I thought for a moment. But no he was awake but his eyes were moist.

"Heyyyy!! Whats the matter buddy?"I asked.
"NOthing yaar, Its her. She came in my dreams again. We were together hand in hand. We were travelling somewhere. We were in a bus. We were near the sea. The sun was setting. Her head was resting on my shoulders. Her hair smelt so good. I had my arms around her. She looked so beautiful. She......."

Rakesh went on and on and on. This time I was listening.
"......But all that happens in the dreams yaar. In real life, its different." Rakesh said completing
his dream. He went into his devdas mode again.

"Dude...." I said, not finding any words to console. I was always bad at consoling people. There was always so much I wanted to say, so much to show that I cared too, I felt for them too, but I just could not gather words at the right times. And i ended up saying, "Dude......"

"I just dont know how to make her understand. If I say that she is the prettiest of all,She dosent believe in my words. If I say that I love her more than my life, She disposes me without thinking twice. If I say I would give away the whole world for her,She thinks I am crossing my fingers behind my back. If I kneel down in front of her asking for her hand,She refuses me without any hesitation. If I tell her that I would love to love her and be loved by her, She says that I dream a lot. Well, Yes I dream a lot. The only dream I dream about is her. She is my dream. But she dosent understand."

Now he was sobbing. I had to say something. But words were not finding a way out. Luckily for me, Rakesh had not stopped talking.

"I mean, How can you love someone so much and not be loved even a tiny bit in return. How can you spend so much time thinking about someone and not be thought of even once. How can you spend so much time dreaming about her, and being happy in those dreams only to awake into reality which hurts pretty bad. How can...."

He was quiet again. This time the pause was a bit longer. And it didnt seem to end.I had to intervene. I had to say something.

"Dude, Cmon. Dont sulk now. Cheer up. If that girl is meant for you, then nothing on earth can keep her from you. And if that girl is not meant for you, then nothing on earth can bring her her to you. Leave it to God. He will make the decision. If you love her truly, then dont stop loving her, no matter what. But dont expect to be loved in return. If you get her love and what you have dreamed about does come true, be happy. If things dont go your way, still be happy. The fact that you love her cant change. No matter how hard she tries, she cant stop you from loving her. Probably one day God would make her realise your worth. Probably God would send someone else for you, to love you even more than you have loved her. God has already made your destiny. No matter how hard you try to change it, you just cant. What has to happen shall happen. You can go on dreaming about her. If it brings you happiness, so it be. When you wake up from the dream, dont sulk. Try to achieve those dreams. Try your best, to God leave the rest!!"

Rakesh looked up at me, surpised. His face was saying, " Arjun, I cant believe you are saying all
this!!". I was shocked myself. What the hell had I said. How the hell had I said what I had said!!. Infact I couldnt remember a single word of what I had said. I am not much of a senti(cum)mental guy who does regular love talk. But who cares, it had worked. He was smiling.

"You are right man, you are so damn right." He got up wiping his tears.
"Lets check out that mall" , he said.

"And the chicks" I added.

"No I will leave them for you. I am already committed, you see!!", he replied winking."Besides, I dont want to give you competition."

"Ya right, go take a shower you smelly greasly bear. And come down fast, you got 15min. I will wait for you downstairs."

As I was leaving the room, Rakesh shouted." Arjun!! Stay away from my mom".

"I will try my best buddy", I replied avoiding the pillow he threw at me.

No comments: