Saturday, July 7, 2007

That’s the way life is!

I woke up to the morning rain
Opened the window & saw her again.
She was looking just like an angel.
I fell in love with her yet again.

I wanted to tell her, to speak my heart out.
I was deciding whether to call her or whether to shout.
Not today I thought and I had to stop.
Will wait for the right time…..a moment to pop.

Months passed and even the years
I had still not become hers.
I had to tell her today no matter what
I went to her home without giving much thought.

“Why is there such a crowd outside”
I enquired with the man by the roadside.
“Its their daughter, she is no longer more
At night , it was her heart that tore”….

I felt my heart miss a beat
I sank down, fell to my feet
I cried and cried till my tear buds dried
“Why did u do this GOD”, I sighed.

Then I heard a voice from the heavens above
“It your own fault, you let the opportunity go.
I gave you a chance for your own benefit
Now it is me you blame for it.”

I argued back saying that isn’t so
How much I loved her…she had to know.
Maybe I couldn’t be hers, she couldn’t be mine
But she had to know ..then it would have been fine.

“She knew it”..he said.. “all time long”.
“It was to you only she wanted to belong.
She waited and waited just like you.
She loved you and thought of you too.

But I had to take her, she had to leave.
Don’t worry my child, its me you have to believe.

I gave you life, this one chance,
It was you who failed to enhance,
Never an opportunity you should miss
Coz…that’s the way life is.

No comments: