Monday, October 31, 2011

LAST Day in NOC

Today , Oct 31 2011, will be in my memory as the last working day in the BT NOC. The project I worked for the past 5 and a half years of my life.

It was in March 2006 that I first entered NOC. Coming from Mysore after the initial training, I had not idea wat a project and working in office would be like. But the day I entered the NOC and my mouth just went "wow". When i looked at those screens, filled with colors ( which later i came to know were alarms ) i knew str8 away that yes this was the project I want to work in.

I had never imagined that I would last so long in the project to be the senior most in the team when the project leaves.

Over the past 5.5 years, infosys, work, life etc had all one meaning - NOC. My whole life revolved around it. In these years....there have been so many twist and turn....ups and down...both personally and professionally in my life. It sure was a roller coaster ride.

Entering NOC as Level 1, new to the work culture, learning how to speak to people from different countries with different accents. Handling tickets, escalations, sending mails, calls, alarms, packet drops, erros on link, primary secondary backups.....etc etc etc...phew !



Then as time passed by, new batches started coming. I became senior. Then more batches came.
I became duty manager. Then more batches came. I moved to the SCB/CLSA team.
Then for the past 1.5 years. working as a TEAM LEAD for the SCB/CLSA team has been an honour indeed.

Right now infact..... when i look back and think about last 5.5 years.
I just close my eyes and think .....MY MY MY ...there are soooooo many memories...
So so many memories......that cant even describe all of them.

And over the years, I have changed so much.
I look at myself in the mirror now and compare with the Sudhanshu 5 years back.
Not only have i changed in looks, size and all. But also as an individual. As a professional.
From being the bindaas, free spirited, flirty Sudhanshu to a more responsible, quieter and composed Sudhanshu, NOC has taught me everything.

Life has taught me so many lessons. Some good. Some bad.
It gave me so much happiness, also gave me equal amount of pain.
But then life is such. My life is such.
There have been so so so many wonderful and ever lasting cherishable memories with the people I loved.
So many people came in my life. So many people left.
Some will always remain special. Some will be remembered as names.
All those talks, chats on IM, those night shifts, those Food court visits, those strolls around the campus, the games in NOC, the work too .... those parties, the dances, the small fights, the bitching about others, the smiles, the laughters, the weekend shifts, the conference calls, the movie watching , the listening to songs, the breaks, the talks and more talks.
...uffff.......so many memories.

I am getting so overwhelmed with emotion right now.
Sadly no one to share them with. Hence i felt the blogs the best place to jot them down.

All the people around me, all my friends either left the company, got onsite etc etc.
NOC and work were the only things keeping me going.
I really wonder ....

that tomorrow , when i step foot inside the Infosys campus, where will i be going ?
For the past 5.5 years the only place i headed to was the NOC. But tomorrow will be different.
Not only will I be lonely, I will have no place to sit. :-) eat Breakfast and Lunches alone, and really dont know what to do.

Perhaps its good things, Perhaps this is the time for change.
Perhaps I should change myself now for the good. Perhaps I should again be that free spirited bindaas Sudhanshu. Or Should I be more responsible. I want to change myself.
But I am tired of changes. The changes which I feel are good dont last forever.

Really confused as to where life is going to take me from tomorrow.
Not sure wat else to write. Running short of words.


I just thank NOC from the bottom of my heart.
I thank life and pray that instead of beinfg cruel, it should support me.
I thank all the people who have come in my life, for being there with me for supporting me till whatever time they could. Thanks to all the special persons.
Love them all.

With a smile on my face. Tears in my eyes.
And imaginery shoulders to cry on. Imaginery hands to hold.
I Look forward to a new life tomorrow. I hope and pray its good.

1 comment:

...HiMaNsHu... said...

nicely 'jotted down'!!! :)