Saturday, October 1, 2011

Till Death Do Us Part


Years have sped by, time has flown.
To forget you, that is what I had sworn.
To wipe off your memories from my heart,
To live on, knowing that we are poles apart.

But often on silent, lonely nights,
When the moon is shining bright,
Your thoughts come stealthing to my mind,
And prod other memories left far behind.

Of times we had, both good and bad
Of tears we shared and fun we had.
But what went wrong, I have no clue,
But as long as it lasted, I know it was true.

With your memories, the mood changes gears
A smile a laughter and lots of tears
Thinking about life together we had seen
Thinking about things which could have been

















You have touched my life in many ways,
I try explaning but just cannot say
Have you moved on? and so should I?
Must I accept the truth, though with a sigh?

I ask to myself will this all be really over
the love we had and the memories we savour
No. comes the answer it never will be
Want to open my heart, the love for you to see

Time heals all wounds, but not this one,
The scar remains, the harm is done.
Memories are to be treasured, or so they say,
Thats why you remain in my heart
to this very day....

Yet i live in hope and I pray and wait.
For you to come back sooner than late.
A silent wish will always live in my heart
To bring us together till death do us part.



No comments: