Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Redemption - Part 2

Akshay drove his bike like a maniac. Speeding past the traffic signals, lucky not to get caught.
Clearly he was in a hurry. He reached the place.

"uhh .. hi, i need to see Dr. Zahira right now" , Akshay said to the receptionist.

"Dr. Zahira is busy with another patient. You will have to wait.", came the reply.

"No..no...no .. you dont understand. I NEED TO SPEAK TO HER RIGHT NOW", Akshay said banging the desk.

"Sir, i am afraid this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated, you will have to wait....". Just as she was about to complete the sentence, the patient inside came out.

Akshay did not waste any time and dashed to Dr. Zahira's cabin.

"Hi doc, sorry to bust in like this, but i really needed to speak to u", Akshay said gasping for breath.

"Cool down Akshay. Here have this glass of water. Sit down. Relax. Breathe in. Breathe out. Then speak"., Dr. Zahira spoke in her calm voice as always.

After taking about a couple of minutes to settle down Akshay spoke.

"She called me today. After a very long time." Akshay said with a smile on his face and a bit of sadness in his heart.

Then he fell silent staring at the empty space.

"Yes Akshay go on. I am listening. What did she say ?" , Dr. Zahira tried breaking his silence.

"Felt so good to hear her voice doc. Even if it is for a couple of seconds. Feels good to hear her sweet voice. It was my birthday yesterday. She called to wish me. She said I need to marry before my next bday." Akshay replied calmly.

Dr. Zahira was a bit worried now. Akshay was still staring at emptiness.

"She also said that its all over now. And that nothing is going to happen now. And that we have to accept fate and move on. She said that i need to understand. Then the line got disconnected." Akshay smirked.

"And did u understand Akshay?", Dr. Zahira asked.

"No not at first. I was in the mindset and false hope that she will come back to me. And then we will marry each other. I was ready to accept her anytime back. Coz i love her so much. All i needed to live this life was her. I would not mind what people would say. And when she said that i need to marry someone else, I thought to myself, how can i do that. I am waiting for her so that i can marry her. But then i looked at her pics again. The ones with her husband. She seemed happy doc. I guess she has moved on with her life. I guess she has accepted what fate had written for us.". Akshay said all this in one breath.

Dr Zahira was feeling a bit relaxed now.

"Go on Akshay.", she said.

"Well.. doc. I think i have decided to move on now. Come out of my dreamland and face the reality. She was right. Nothing is going to happen now. So i guess i need to tell her that i am ready to accept her decision. If she is happy with her new life, i do not want to ruin it by forcing her out of it. All i need is her to be happy and smiling as always. Oh doc she has the most amazing laughter. You know doc, when she laughs a lot, her eyes usually close. i just loved to make her laugh doc.", Akshay said smiling himself.


Dr Zahira was happy to see a smile on his face after a long time.

"Doc. i just ... i mean i can never ever forget her. I just needed to know from her that she will never forget me. I just needed to know whether she will remember that there was a guy called Akshay in her life who loved her so so so much. Thats all i need to know. Thats all i need to continue living. But doc, i wont be giving up hope about being with her one day. Perhaps when we are old. When situations are such that we both would be alone that time. Perhaps our respective spouses have died or something like that. I just need to know from her that when that day comes, she will want to be with me. When that day comes, she will choose me. When that day comes, we will be together. I dont think I can wait for next life. I want her in this life, perhaps later in my life will also be ok.", Akshay continued.

Dr Zahira was getting emotional. She had never seen anyone love anyone else so much before.

"You know wat doc. I just have this one wish. That before i die, All i want is Aditi to be next to me and I would show her all the letters I have been writing for her. All the collection of pics I have made. And I would want to kiss her forehead and hug her and tell her that I loved her so so much. And a promise from her that in the next life, she will choose me." Akshay ended.

Dr zahira had tears in her eyes.

"Oh doc, i am sorry. here take this tissue", said AKshay handing the box.

"Akshay, seeing the love u have for her. I wish and pray with all my heart that one day whatever you wish for will come true. Your love for Aditi is divine. She should consider herself lucky to have got you in her life for whatever duration. And you should consider yourself lucky that you were able to find and recognise true love in her. Love which comes from the soul. Very few people in this world are as lucky as you and Aditi.", Dr Zahira said wiping her tears.

"Thanks doc for hearing me out. I will leave now. Guess I wont need to see you again.". Akshay said.
"Yes. I hope the same too". Dr Zahira said smiling.


Akshay then drove off on his bike.
The air brushing against his face made him feel lighter in some strange way.


" Be happy Aditi. God bless you. " he thought to himself.

No comments: