Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Those 3 words... - Part 2

As Mihir was driving away from Chandni, he recollected her face, how she looked at him. He thought to himself. Who was he kidding. He loved her. A lot.  He stopped his bike at the side of the road and called her.

"Hello", Said Chandni.


"Heyyyy baby. Listen. All the thing I said about being cool and everything is all crap. Let me just put everything in plain simple words. I love you very very much. At this point of time, at this moment, the only thing that really matters to me is you and only you. No one or nothing is on my mind except u, all the time. Every second, every breath i take its you. I dont care about my parents or friends or relatives or society.. no one. Its just you. Please I beg you dont leave me. Please I beg you dont go with Zaheer. Please I beg you love me back forever. I really cannot live without you. You have come and made a place in my heart, secured it, throwing everyone inside it, out. Seriously. My heart beats for you, my mind thinks about you, my eyes long to see you, my hands long to touch you, my lips long to kiss you, my arms longs to hug you, all my senses are with you. I love you very very much. And seeing you being taken away like this kills me. Seeing you standing in front of me and knowing that I can never have you kills me. Feeling helpless like this kills me.  I dont know how to explain it, but its like my heart just shrinks, as if someone is squeezing it, smashing it, and it hurts a lot, unbearable pain. How can I let go of the one I love so much, again and again and again. What can I do. What should I do. Love you a lot baby", Mihir paused to take breath.

"Hey Mihir. I love you too. But think from my perspective also. How i am feeling. Do you think I feel all glad not being with you. Even I feel hurt. But think practically, our families will never agree. One day we have to get separated. We can never be together in this life. Think practically.", Chandni replied crying.

"Lets run away. Lets marry. Once we marry, then our families cannot do anything. They will be hurt. Society will say lot of things. But then we will be together. And we will be happy. And once they see us happy together, they will accept us. Please. I have seen this work with others before. Slowly every family accepts. Please baby. Lets run away. Please I cannot live without u. My life will again be empty and meaningless. I would feel lost again. Aimless. I would not have anyone to wake up for, anyone to look out for each day, anyone to live for. It like being trapped in an empty dark room baby. Its gets lonely. I have been there before baby and it hurts a lot. I dont want to go there again baby. I want you. I want to be happy with you. I love you. I will take care of you forever. I will be there for you at all times. I will never shout or get angry with you. Please baby. Pleaseeeeeeee.", Mihir replied crying again.

Mihir was now on his knees on the road. People walking and travelling watching him breaking down. Chandni calmed herself down.
 

"Mihir, listen dear. Dont talk about things that can never happen. Dont dream about all this. Come to your senses. Come back to the real world. I cannot hurt my parents. They will never agree. So will your parents. Please understand. Please stop all this.", she replied sounding firm in her voice.

"NO. I cannot live without you. I will make everyone understand. I will make everything right", Mihir said dropping the call.

Mihir stood up, started his bike and started driving away, thinking about what can he do. How can he convince his own parents, how can he convince her parents, how can he not loose the one he loves again. There has to be some way. Her face, her lovely face, her smile, her hair were flashing in front of his eyes. He loved his baby so much. He could not loose her. He was thinking about her. His looked up at the heavens above, to the so called Gods who sit there, asking for mercy. Asking for help. A divine intervention.

"THUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECHHH..............."

He broke the signal and a huge truck hit his bike, throwing him away almost 500m with a huge impact.
As he lay on the ground, in shock, unable to feel anything. He looked up, saw her face and closed his eyes. A huge crowd gathered around. The traffic cops called the ambulance.


"Hello", a horse voice spoke on the other end as Chandni answered Mihirs phone.
"Who is this", she replied curious.
"Madam, We found that your missed calls in the recent numbers and hence called you. Are you family? If not, please inform the family. There has been an accident.", the hoarse voice completed the sentence. Chandni felt her legs go weak. She was unable to think for a moment.                                    

 "OMG!!!", she started crying. "How is he", she asked back somehow.
"The boy has been taken to Aditi hospital.", was the reply.

Few hours later, Mihir's parents, and his friends were all the hospital. Mihir was being taken to ICU and had to be operated immediately. As they were desperately waiting outside, Chandni could not stop her tears. Her friends consoling her. She felt responsible for all this in a way and her friends telling her, its not her fault, it was just an accident. But she could not think of anything else. She was crying and praying at the same time for Mihir to be allright. Mihir's mom too had sunk in his dad's arms crying.

Hours later, the doctors came out. Everyone rushed to get Mihir's status.

"He is very serious, we have recovered him, but unfortunately he has gone in coma. He is under constant monitoring." , the doctor replied in one sentence before walking away. 

"can we see him", Mihir's mom and Chandni asked together at the same time in desperation.        "After sometime." , came the quick reply.

They had to wait hours before they let Mihir's parents go in. A couple of close relatives followed before they allowed Chandni inside.

As she walked inside the ICU, the smell of the hospital air, making her nervous already. Imagining how Mihir would be, making her more scared. She went inside. Seeing Mihir just broke her down. Covered in bandages and tubes coming from everywhere, his mouth, his nose, his chest, his hands, with machines all around him making beeping sounds, she saw him, as he lay on the bed, eyes closed. There were a scars on his face and hands. Chandni went closer as the nurse was changing his saline bottle. She looked at him closely. Only a few hours ago, he was standing in front of her explaining to her. Only a few hours ago, he was on the phone with her, begging to her. And now..... he was here on the hospital bed, in coma, fighting for life with death. She felt heavy inside her chest. She could never forgive herself if anything happened to him.
"heyyyyyy Mihir", she said in a slow low voice.                                                                          The nurse smiled and said, "He cannot hear you madam, he is in coma. All the senses disappear."
Chandni took his hand in hers.
"I Love you Mihir. Please come back", she said crying. 

To the nurse's surprise, the heart monitor started beeping faster and louder. They both looked at each other. 
"How did this... ", the nurse replied. " huh .. let go of his hand",
Chandni let go and the heart beat monitor came back to normal. The nurse moved across to her side and held his hand to check the heartbeat. No difference.
"His parents and relatives had come in before and also held his hand, but there was not much difference in the heart rate"., she replied curious.
"Hold his hand again", she said confused.

Chandni held Mihirs hand again and this time gave it a gentle squeeze. The heart beat monitor started beeping even more faster and louder this time.

"Let me call the doctor", she said running out. The doctor came running in and was amazed to see what was happening.

"Either you have magic hands or either he feels something only for you." , the doc replied. "Keep holding it and talking to him, and he should be out of coma soon. This is going to be a miracle."

A few hours later, Mihir was out of coma. He opened his eyes and looked at Chandni and smiled. He was unable to speak though at that moment. But a tear escaped from the corner of his eye. Chandni could not stop her own tears from flowing. And there was a smile on her face. A rare thing which happens only to a lucky few. Smile and tears together.

The news spread to the people waiting outside about the situtation which had happened. As Chandni walked outside, Mihir's mom came running and hugged her tightly. "Thank You beta", she said kissing her forehead.

Within a few days, almost everyone came to know about Mihir and Chandni and their love story. So did Zaheer. Mihir's parents were ready to accept Chandni as the girl who brought their son back from the dead. They went to meet her parents, expained everything to them, talking about how life is so short and fragile. And the only way to live it is with loved ones. The society and the people and the rules are all secondary. It is our life, one life and we have to decide how to live it happily. They made her parents realise how much Chandni too loved Mihir and would be happy with him. And that they themselves would keep Chandni like their own daughter.

Mihir was discharged after a month, and was back to normal in a few days.
Scars remained on his face and body, but he was his usual self.
A year later they were married, holding hands walking on the beach.

"I love you", he said those 3 words looking into her eyes.
"I love you too", she replied back giving one tight hug and they continued walking.



No comments: